Sundays have always seemed to fly by in waiting for the dreaded Monday blues. Our home is usually prepping for the next few days of lunch for Phil, dinner, and some cocktails.
Phil has become our chef since we started dating. I only cook when the mood strikes. My children are teenagers and are not home very often or want to eat dinner at 10 pm. How dare they spread their wings! They were supposed to be little forever. Rant over about them having a social life.
I lost my love for cooking; it is freaking hard to cook for just two!
So, last night Phil made a recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy. The only thing we do not add is the cumin, and it is just personal taste. It is delicious, easy, and fast. Pair with a simple salad and rice. You can also make tacos out of this recipe! Of course with a margarita!
Check out his videos on YouTube. We hope you enjoy Sam's recipe as much as we do.
- 1 bunch cilantro (no stems) finely chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- Zest & juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pounds skirt, flap or flank steak (I like skirt and flap)
- Combine all ingredients except the steak- mix well
- Put steak and marinade into a large zippered bag, zip shut, and squish around to make sure steak is well covered.
- Refrigerate 1-4 hours
- Heat grill to high and grill steak approximately 5 minutes a side or as necessary until approx 130 degrees
- Remove from grill, cover with foil and let rest about 10 minutes before cutting across the grain (very important btw) and serving.